Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mad Men Challenge III 2014



This jaw dropper '60s design has been made in a Tangerine Coral colour and the open midriff is accented with white hoop discs. I was inspired by one worn in a Mad Men L.A episode that certainly caught Roger's eye!

 I rooted through all my old patterns and found that McCall's M5799 could be reworked. I scooped down the back just like the pink one shown. I also cut out the arm holes a little wider and lowered the neckline and used two invisible zippers in the side seams of the top and the skirt. (This pattern is discontinued so that confirms for me once more why you should never dispose of your older ones!)
 I made it for my daughter because she is the same age as I was when these great fun styles were being worn! Retro jewellery chosen as well. Large off centre white hoops (you know the ones!), a large bangle and a fun moulded plastic ring! Just the right hair and make-up VOILA!!!
 I believe it will make it's debute in Florida later this spring!! 


1 comment: